What's your love story?
I'm not only referring to the happily ever after kind like weddings. Many of us have other loves in our life too. Kids, grand-kids and fur babies tug at our heart strings. But what about things you love - coffee, reading, crafting, bush walking, gardening - any of your passions in life have a story too.
Spend a few minutes right now thinking about what you LOVE - people, places, activities and things. Are they all present in your scrapbooks? When someone else reads your albums in the future, will they know what and who you loved? As I was preparing this workshop I thought of one of my greatest loves - Orange Pekoe tea! It's my absolute favourite; I hoard boxes of it because it is so hard to find in the shops; I keep teabags in my handbag and request cafes use my bag instead of theirs; I begin and end my day sipping a cup of it. But that story wasn't in my albums. I didn't have photos.
Good news is, I fixed that little hiccup and have some photos ready to print for the layout below. If one of your great loves is not in your album, hop to and find or take some photos to help tell the story.
Register for the Love Story Paper Picnic and I'll show you quick, easy and beautiful layouts you can make to honour
the things you love...
or the people you love...
or the events about love...
or the activities you love to do.
What am I teaching?
I am featuring soft, subtle prints in this class. Ones that blend with any photos. You dress them up with plain cardstock to highlight the colours in your photos. The papers I have chosen are called Love Story. They come in 3 colourways and you have the option of ordering with stickers or without.
- Black and White
- Mink & white
- Toffee and white
We will make 5 double page layouts. You have the choice to use all 5 for one event or experience like a wedding or do as I have and make mix up the photo themes. Once you are done, you will have some left over paper. I'll show a couple of cards I made with those bits. They are quick & easy but different to your usual card.
See what the Love Story collection looks like by clicking here. A list of the products I have used is included at the end of this post
When is the class available?
I have two options for you to participate in this class.
Participate online at any time you choose to view the pre-recorded videos
- You will receive a link via email as soon as the in person class has begun
- Your online class includes cutting & page assembly videos along with videos showing how you can personalise each layout with stamps or stickers to match your photo themes.
- You can also download a printable handout
- The videos are filled with tips and tricks to help you produce awesome pages for your albums.
- You have lifetime access to the class.
Join me in person on Saturday March 26, 2022
- 10am - 4pm Duncraig $40
- Limit of 8 in attendance.
- BYO Lunch
- If you register for the in person class you also have access to the online version - perfect if you need to go back to check something or if you are unable to attend on the day.
I will be following the WA government guidelines to make the in person event Covid safe for all of you.
- Please check in with the Services WA App upon arrival. If you don't have the app, you can fill in an attendance sheet.
- Sanitize your hands upon arrival
- Wear a face mask fully covering your nose and mouth at all times in the workshop room. You can enjoy lunch outside without a mask.
- You have a full trestle to work on to ensure social distancing.
- No hugs :(
- If using the bathroom, choose a fresh hand towel, pop it in the wash basket after use and grab a fresh one next time.
- If you have registered for the in person events and feel unwell on the day, please stay home. You can watch the online class and work in the comfort of your own home.
I'll be demonstrating with the products listed below but you are most welcome to substitute for other supplies you have on hand.
Order your supplies at passionateaboutpages.com
My scrapbook layouts feature the following products:
- Love Story papers & stickers-
- X8021S Black, X8023S Mink or X8024S Toffee
- Stamps to match photo themes - be sure to include some outline stamps
- 8 sheets White Daisy cardstock
- 1 sheet Glitter Paper
- Z3224 Small round water brush
- Inks to co-ordinate with cardstock
- Custom 12 cardstock pack - 4 each of 3 colours if all 5 layouts are of one theme; 2 each of 6 colours if you have different themes.
- Not sure what a Custom12 pack is? This video explains how to build and order one.
Additional Supplies used
- 12" trimmer
- Tri-blend makers
- Stickles Glitter Gels
- Liquid Pearls
I look forward to your company,
- Album Planning (1)
- Albums (7)
- Cards (61)
- Craft with Heart (3)
- Flip Flaps (11)
- Organise Your Photos (3)
- Organisers (3)
- Paper Craft (11)
- Paper Fundamentals (17)
- Photo Organisation (1)
- PML (4)
- Scrapbook Layouts (239)
- Simple pages (2)
- Special Offers (39)
- Stamping (106)
- Stamp of the Month (90)
- stickers (6)
- Storytelling (6)
- Thin Cuts (49)
- Tools (16)
- VIP (2)
- Washi Tape (8)
- Watercolour paints (2)
- watercolour pencils (2)
- Workshops (3)
- Workshops Your Way (34)
- Shimmer Brush (1)
- Glitter Paper (1)
- Paper Candy (2)
- Interactive Cards (1)
- Metallic Markers (1)
- Tell Your Story (2)
- Distress Oxides (2)
- Nearly Bare Pages (1)
- Wedding (2)
- Stencils (1)
- Love (1)
- Beach (1)
- Fast Fun or Fancy layouts (1)
- Summer (1)
- Scrapbook workshops (2)
- Free download (2)
- Organisation (1)
- Same but Different (1)