You are invited to the Lemonade Retreat
It's one of the most highly anticipated events I host
The Lemonade Retreat is one of the best things to come from Covied. I had an in person retreat booked which couldn't run so I taught myself all the techie bits I need to host a 48-hour online event. Boy was it fun!!
Those attending loved it so much they asked me to do it again. Having held a couple now, I've got the kinks ironed out and you are guaranteed to enjoy all I'm teaching, and the group is sharing.
I would love to have you join me from 6pm WST on Friday 21 July through to 4pm WST Sunday 23 July for a lemonisciously good time.
The BEST thing about attending retreat online is the fact EVERYONE can join in from wherever they live
Time is running out to register for this weekend of scrap happy fun times
Here’s what past participants have loved about Lemonade Retreat
- "You really are the Queen of Duchies Shaunna. You plan everything so well. There is nothing you can improve on perfection."
- "Great weekend. So good to be involved from afar. Loved the extra ways of connecting people through the selfie challenge etc. Thank you for taking the time to learn new strategies to make everything happen. I would definitely do camp this way again."
- "Loved not having to pack and unpack stuff. "
- "The videos had so much info in them and I could pause and re-watch if I had a problem"
- "I loved not having to pack up and be stressed about was I taking everything I needed. Sunday arvo I could keep scrapping without the slump of driving home. Not sure I got more done but I loved it and my own bed and food and cat!!"
At a Lemonade Retreat ...
- Stay in your PJ’s all weekend if you like
- No need to pack the car
- No travel
- Work around other commitments
- Learn lots of fabulous creative techniques,
- Make many pages
- No accommodation or catering charges
- End the weekend feeling recharged and ready to face the real world again
What do you get at the online retreat?
Live chats on Zoom
We will meet on zoom several times over the weekend for chats, Q&A sessions, prize draws and some silliness. This helps us feel connected. Don’t stress if you have to do a sport pick up or take your mum shopping, everything you need for the event will also be on my website.
4 great croptalks accessible forever
I have four crop talks showing lots of ways to use flip flaps on your layouts. We'll dress some up, layer some and keep some functional. Step by step instructions will be delivered by video on this website. This gives the opportunity to go back at anytime in the future and view them again so don’t sweat if the kids are suddenly starving right at the time the video goes live.
A printable handout accompanies each croptalk. Videos cover special techniques used and tips for cutting and assembly of 12 x 12 scrapbook pages. My aim is to make each video less than 10 minutes long. You can view them via your browser on a computer, tablet or your phone. There is a Simplero App too which makes it super easy to see on your phone.
Private Facebook Group
You will be invited to join a private Facebook group just for Lemonade Retreaters. This is where you can share your progress, join a fun photo challenge and participate in the ‘Late night with the Duchess’ bonus activities.
I have put together a wee bundle of gifts and product samples for each person attending retreat. You will be able to collect from my front door or I can post yours to you. I've included items to help you complete some of the croptalks.
A reward for completing all croptalks
You will have a few extra days to complete as many of the croptalk layouts as you can 'cos I know being at home will not be as blissfully interruption free as retreats usually are and that you will have to feed yourself instead of swanning into the dining room. Those completing all layouts will receive a voucher to use for registration to a future class.
I have several ways you can earn tickets in lucky draws. These will be drawn during zoom sessions. The more people register, the higher the value of the prize pool goes!
I’ll be available to answer questions live on zoom and in the Facebook group throughout the event. I’ll be scrapbooking along with you.
Like a little more info about what I’m teaching?
– that’s important right?
Lemonade Retreat holds plenty of girlie fun but I want you to learn some cool techniques for your scrapbooking too.
Each year I make my scrapbook layouts using interesting tools and techniques. I focus on a few a featured products on every layout, showing many different ways you can use them.
This year's layouts feature a super fun way to change the look of printed papers. It's called Altered Paper and is perfect for turning a print you will never use into one that is perfect for your next layout. Flip Flaps in lots of different sizes and adding playful interactive elements to your pages. I've teamed them up with the Distress Oxides techniques and silhouette stamps like the June Stamp of the Month stamp set called Botanical Shadows. We'll also play with Stencils and embossing folders like the Butterfly Slimline set. These products work so well together and can make stunning pages when you blend other papers, stamps and embellishments you have in your supplies already.
The FOUR croptalks are based around techniques for using each of the featured products. We will focus on something different in each class.
You have the choice to pre-purchase some or all of these items or just use supplies you already own. I do need to tell you that FOMO often hits if you choose not to order the suggested supplies.
If you are new or it's been a long time since you've scrapbooked, ordering the featured products will make life so easy for you as you can copy my layouts exactly.
Be assured, whatever you choose to create with will look fabulous in your albums.
Here's a list of all the products I'm focusing on
Z4698 Butterfly Slimline Embossing Folder & Stencil
S2306 Botanical Shadows Stamp of the Month
Distress Oxide inks in colours to work with your photos
Dye based inks in colours to work with your photos
Black ink of your choice
Flip Flaps - various sizes for photos
Papers to co-ordinate with your photos - with a little alteration
Cardstock to go with your papers and photos
Background Thin cuts or Digital Overlay SVG's
Alphabet thin cuts or Digital cut titles
Stamps, thin cuts, stickers & embellishments to suit your photo themes
Frequently Asked Questions
How techie do I have to be? You mention Facebook, website and zoom – I might find it confusing.
You don’t need any special techie talents to join the fun of Lemonade Retreat, just access to a computer, tablet or smart phone. Here’s how the 3 platforms work together to give you the best experience I can.
- The Facebook group is a great place to build rapport prior to retreat and during it.
- Any critical information shared on Facebook will also be emailed to you
- You do not need to join the group if you'd rather not use Facebook – it’s just one extra way to feel part of a community
- I will encourage you to join a fun selfie challenge running throughout the weekend. This is absolutely optional but it is loads of fun.
- You can also show off some of your projects as you make them by adding photos in the group
- Should you have a question about a technique or a product that you need answered before the next Zoom meeting, you can post it in the group and I’ll answer it
- Around 9.30 or 10pm on Friday and Saturday night, I’ll do a Facebook live to re-energise you if you are feeling sleeping. This is an interactive live and I have a prize each night for one lucky person.
- All the content for the croptalks will be hosted on my website https://www.passionateaboutpages.com/
- Each croptalk will include 3 technique videos –
- Cutting and colour choice tips
- How to apply the technique in a number of ways
- Completed layout share
- If there is a handy tip, I think might help you use a tool with ease, I’ll add in an extra video.
- You will be able to download a handout showing photos of my completed projects
- You have access to this online class for as long as I have a business so you can go back and re-watch next time you want to apply the technique.
- I will email you information to access the classes and tell you the times each croptalk will be live to view.
- Each croptalk will include 3 technique videos –
- Zoom is a great way for us to see each other in real time, show something we’ve made and have conversations.
- If you are new to zoom, click here for a great step by step tutorial showing you how to download the app, connect with the meeting and interact with others.
- You can open the Zoom meeting on a computer, a tablet or your phone.
- I will share a link to join the meeting with you via email and also post it to the top of the Facebook group.
- We will use the same link every time we meet up on zoom.
- You will have an agenda emailed to you so you know the times to join a meeting
- I will not be recording the meetings
Do I have to try everything you teach?
No. This is your retreat. You spend it doing whatever makes you happiest. I share techniques I think will be interesting to you and help you learn new ways to use stamps , papers and tools you already own or have recently purchased. I do reward those who try my ideas but it is never compulsory to do so.
I have to go out for a couple of hours on one of the days – will I miss too much by doing that?
You will receive an agenda the week before retreat so you may find you can work around scheduled portions of the event.
Everything shared on Facebook and the croptalks on my website will be waiting for you when you return. If your outing clashes with a zoom call, you will miss that. These are mainly social, a chance to ask questions, tell us about your progress and prize draw time. If you win a prize and you are not on the call, I promise to let you know!
I’m a CTMH Maker, can I join in?
Yes! Anyone with a positive outlook, a desire to try something new and complete scrapbook pages is more than welcome.
I have a friend who isn’t your customer, can she participate?
Yes! Your friend doesn’t have to be one of my customers to attend the online retreat as, unlike at a venue, I have no caps on numbers in the cyber world.